Read these Ten Books (and enthuse your health!)
1) Reread your favorite book (the biggest misconception about books is that they only need to read once; when the truth is that it is never the same book when reread);
2) Plunge into a great book of poems – Ahhhh… poetry (not the obtuse stuff, the ones from the heart!) Poetry is the Brussels sprouts of literature – you can sneak an entire one in between patients, between phone calls, between customers. So satisfying and reorienting. I love those of Billy Collins.
3) Honey, Mud and Maggots – and other medical marvels Robert and Michele Root-Bernstein
4) Mental Health Regained – 18 Stories of Recovery with Orthomoloecular Psychiatry Abram Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.
5) Drugs that Don’t Work and Natural Therapies that Do! David Brownstein, M.D.
6) Outsmart Your Cancer Tanya Harter Pierce
7) Love Medicine and Miracles Bernie Siegel, MD
8) Blessed By Illness L.F. C Mees, M.D. (Click on the image to order from Amazon.com)
9) The Prophet Kahil Gibran
Bonus for patriots: The End of
To order any or all of these great books, call and order 360-341-2303