Testing for toxic metals

DR. WEEKS COMMENTS:   The question isn’t whether mercury is toxic – it is. The FDA considers mercury to be the most toxic environmental substance on earth.  The question is whether the toxin is having a toxic effect on you.  Example: some people can drink a 6-packof beer and feel fine while others are intoxicated with only one beer.  This speaks to the issues of biochemical individuality. So, while any reasonable person would agree that mercury should NEVER have been put into your body in the first place, now that the toxin is in you, we need to weigh the risks and benefits of taking it out.  Especially with conventional dentistry, there are many examples of people being harmed by inept (albeit standard of care) dentistry. There are safe ways of  taking mercury out.  Seek out a biological dentist.

PROVOCATIVE URINE MERCURY TEST

     We now test blood or samples without provocative chelation. This has proven to be  clinically more valid. Sample collection is easier and less time consuming. We no longer perform provocative mercury urine testing. We avoid the use if DMPS because of the many reports of serious side effects
     The two internet links provide more information about  toxic side effects from DMPS. There are no such adverse reports for DMSA. EDTA chelation has little or no effect on mercury toxicity.

www.dmpsbackfire.com/default.shtml

www.tldp.com/issue/175-6/DM.html

DMSA by Mouth is the Preferred Therapy for Mercury

 Click here for interpretation of Blood and Urine without Provoking with a Chelator

Click here for a list of Scientific Toxicology References

     Mercury is a poisonous metal found in the the environment (potentially contaminating food, water, and air), from dental amalgam fillings, or from direct ingestion of mercury compounds (such as industrial exposure, broken thermometers, etc). Low levels are well tolerated and have always existed in the human body. Excess mercury can cause a wide variety of long-term neurological, immunological and hormonal problems, ranging from unexplained irritability, depression, numbness and tingling to chronic fatigue and loss of memory.

     Mercury can be measured in blood or urine by any major reference laboratory. We recommend LabCorp or Quest Laboratory because reference ranges on report forms of these two laboratories correspond more closely with published scientific data and conform with OSHA and EPA standards. We have found that some laboratories used by alternative medical practitioners mistakenly assume that even very low levels always present are toxic , which is not true.

Post Comment