|T8 LED Replacement Bulb|
Features of LED T8
- Longer Life than Fluorescents, 5.7 years
- Solid State Lighting, which means High Shock/Vibration Resistant
- No Heavy Ballast
- No RF Interference
- Mercury Free
- Produces Little to No Heat
- LEDs Do Not Generate Radio Frequency
- Continuous Operation for White LEDs (10 Years for Other Colors)
- Rated to Operate from -40F to 122F, Perfect for Environments with Extreme Climates
- Conference/Meeting Rooms
- Factories & Offices
- Commercial Complexes
- Street Lights
- Residential/Institution Buildings
- Cove Lighting
- Schools, Colleges, & Universities
- Over 30% increased savings in power
- Lasts up to 40,000 hours more than standard fluorescent lamps
- Instant Soft Start
- Open lamp and filament protection
- Minimum maintenance
- Operates from 80V AC to 300 V AC
- Colour Temperature: Commercial White (4000K-4500K), Pure White (6000K-6500K)
- Tube Diameter: 3cm
- Tube Length: 60cm or 120cm
- Available in 8watt and 15watt
- Lumen Maintenance: 70% at 50,000 hours
- Warranty: 2 years
The chart below illustrates the differences between
LED vs. traditional T8 Florescent bulbs.
| Light Source
|Average Life||10000 hours||50000 hours|
|Lamp Life Expectancy||1X||5X|
|Luminous Efficacy||80+lumens/watt||150 lumens/watt|
|Color Stability Over Time||Poor||Good|
|UV or IR Radiation||Yes||No|
|Initial Product Cost||Low||High|
|Long Term Operating Cost||High||Low|
6 Major Advantages of LED T-8 over Fluorescent T-8
- Less Energy Consumption– The power consumption of the LED-tube is mainly dependent on the efficacy of the LEDs used. The efficacy of the LEDs is increasing progressively. Currently (March 2007) the best LEDs have an efficacy of 150lm/w at 25C. Compared with the fluorescent tube with an efficacy of about 80lm/w, it is almost twice the improvement. At -18C the same LEDs have an efficacy of 180lm/w while the efficacy of the fluorescent tube decreases to 8lm/w, making the LED tube 22 times more efficient. In 2010, it is assumed that LEDs with an efficacy of 300lm/w are available, making the LED tube almost four times more efficient at 25C and 45 times more efficient at -18C.
- Longer Life Time– LEDs typically have a life time of 50,000 hours while fluorescent tubes typically lasts 10,000 hours. That’s five times longer life. It is usually heat that kills the LEDs in the long run, therefore it is assumed that they have an even longer life at -18C.
- Less Waste – Fluorescent tubes contain toxic materials that need special disposal to avoid damaging the environment. LED tubes are constructed like other electronic devices and can therefore be disassembled and recycled. Since the LED tube has a five time longer life span, it also needs five times less replacement, therefore generates five times less waste.
- Better Light Quality – Fluorescent tubes are most often used where light quality is not important. Such as outdoors, factories and offices. When better light quality is needed in these areas the fluorescent tubes are often supplemented with halogen or incandescent spot lights. LEDs are available in almost any light quality(color temperature). A replacement of fluorescent tubes in these areas with a LED tube having the requested color temperature can therefore making the extra halogen and incandescent spotlights obsolete. It is also possible to combine LEDs with different colors/color temperatures on one LED tube and thereby be able to adjust the color temperature.
- No Ignition– Since the LED tube does not need to heat up its electrodes before starting, like traditional fluorescent tubes, it does not need a starter or ballast. To use an LED tube in place of a fluorescent tube, the starter and ballast simply has to be removed. This also results in immediate turn-on instead of the well known “flickering” from the traditional fluorescent tubes.
- Intelligent Embedded Control – The LED tube can be equipped with an embedded controller inside the tube. Thereby an extra list of new features becomes available: dimming of the light, adjustment of the color temperature (requires min. two types of LEDs), adjustment of the light output dependent of the light level in the surroundings. Automatic turn on/off of the light if a person is present or not present in the illuminated area. More features are available dependent of the specific demand.
Fixture Fitting For LED-Based T-8 Light
Please make sure you remove the ballast and ignitor in the existing fixing bracket, and connect the led tube directly to line voltage 80-120VAC or 165-245VAC.
The LED Tubes DON’T require ballast or ignitor which is a must for traditional fluorescent tubes. If ballast and ignitor are not taken off, they will overdrive the LED tube when starting and underdrive it afterwards. Alternatively, for new installations, you can buy fixing brackets which is made specifically for the LED tubes.