Dr. Weeks’ Comment: The popular literature is replete now with arguments again the cavalier drugging of American with anti-psychotic and anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications. The lack fo genuine benefit is only one argument against this tsunami of psychiatric recklessness; iatrogenicity, the causing of harm while trying to help, is also a factor. Here is a legal document introduced under the rules of evidence wherein “expert opinion” (all too frequently purchased) yields to science.
Open the link to the entire document here
Proof of neuroleptic toxicity was drawn from five lines of evidence
1) postmortem studies of human brain tissue
2) neuroimaging studies of living humans
3) postmortem studies of lab animal brain tissue
4) biological markers of cell damage in living humans
5) lab studies of cell cultures/living systems following drug exposure
Two books are worth reading NOW if you have a loved one being treated by a conventional psychiatrist:
If you are taking anti-depressant drugs, especially SSRI drugs, these webs are must reading
For solutions, read the archives of the Jourmal of Orthomolecular Medicine and call for a patient advocacy session with Alternative Healthy Advocates 360-341-2303.