THE BEST YOU TUBE VIDEOS ON THE TOPIC: CANCER STEM CELLS
Dr. Max Wicha, distinguished profession of oncology and Director of Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Michigan sounded an alarm for oncologists by stating “Chemotherapy and radiation make your cancer worse..”
|Cancer treatments harmful? – YouTube|
Increasingly, patients of yours and mine are viewing his revolutionary understanding of the importance of addressing cancer stem cells on you tube.
|What are stem cells? – YouTube|
His YouTube interview describing the mechanism whereby IL-8 released by cancer tumor tissue damaged by chemotherapy and radiation recruits mesenchymal stem cells to transform into cancer stem cells has gone viral.
|Professor Max Wicha – Breast cancer stem cell …|
Research efforts are under way to design protocols to interrupt this inflammatory cytokine during conventional cancer care but his warning remains and many of our oncology colleagues are rightfully concerned about treating people’s cancer TUMOR cells while not addressing the cancer STEM cells. As you know, cancer stem cells are resistant to chemotherapy and radiation and are the only cells which can metastasize. I applaud Dr. Max Diehn and colleagues at Stanford’s Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine who are concentrating on improving current cancer care in light of this cancer stem cell challenge. Various agents are beneficial in this regard: Metformin, EPA, Haelan 951 (fermented soy extract) and proteolytic enzymes many of which are included in Corrective Cancer Care representing, as they do, very low risk and extremely high potential for benefit.
References: Cancer Stem Cells
1) Clayton S Therapeutics formulated to target cancer stem cells: Is it in our future?, Cancer Cell Int. 2011; 11: 7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3073868/
2) Diehn, M MD/PhD, Clarke, M MD Therapeutic Implications of the Cancer Stem Cell Hypothesis Semin Radia Oncol 2009 APRIL; 19 (2) 78-86
3) Diehn, M MD/PHD Metastatic Cancer Stem Cells: An opportunity for improving cancer treatment? Cell Stem Cell 2010 Jun 4; 6(6): 502-3
4) Xu, R Eradication of Cancer Cells via Regeneration http://en.mebo.com/Achievement/ShowInfo.asp?InfoID=262
5) Froyen EB Soy isoflavones increase quinone reductase in hepa-1c1c7 cells via estrogen receptor beta and nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 binding to the antioxidant. … – The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2010 – Elsevier
6) Beard, J. D. Sc. The Enzyme Treatment of Cancer and its Scientific Basis 1911
7) Gonzalez, N M.D The Trophoblast and the Origins of Cancer. New Spring Press 2009