Who is Dr. Weeks?
Dr. Bradford S. Weeks, M.D. is 65 years old and has been caring for patients for more than 40 years. He completed undergraduate studies at Dartmouth College (major: Political Philosophy) then, prior to medical school training at the University of Vermont, Dr. Weeks worked in the Harvard system doing two years of research at Massachusetts General Hospital’s mineral metabolism unit working on osteoporosis (calcium, magnesium and vitamin D). In addition, he studied nutrition (including macrobiotics with Mishio Kushi in Brookline, MA), acupuncture, massage (shiatsu), music therapy (Tomatis method, power of chant), Anthroposophical medicine and classical homeopathy. Medical school at the University of Vermont was followed by medical internship (1 year) and psychiatry/neurology residency at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (3 years). He is a specialist in psychiatry and developed the field of “corrective medicine and psychiatry”.
Who does Dr. Weeks treat?
Dr. Weeks treats all people with all health challenges because he treat the patient and not the disease. In this manner, he follows the sage advice of William Osler, MD. (1849-1919) well known as the father of modern medicine who taught generations of doctors “The good doctor treats the illness, but the great doctor treats the patient.” This strategy is in line with the ancient wisdom of it being better to teach a man to fish thereby empowering him rather than to simply give a man a fish…. enabling him. Dr Weeks reminds you that you and your loved ones are “fearfully and wonderfully made” and that health is your inherent predisposition. Accordingly, Dr. Weeks helps you accomplish the 4 Essential Steps to retaining or regaining optimal health: detoxify, replenish, shut down chronic inflammation and then change your oil. Computer programers know the truism of “Garbage in gives you garbage out.” So, if you are ready to empower your body and immune system to heal, we can guide you safely towards your optimal health.
Dr. Weeks loves music and thinks of health in terms of musical metaphor – playing a musical instrument. In order to play an instrument well (to be healthy) one needs four factors 1) a well-built and well-maintained instrument, 2) a tuned instrument, 3) someone who loves playing the instrument and someone who has composed or can create de novo (improvise) a musical piece. Those four factors represent, respectively, 1) the physical body (the instrument), 2) the vibrational or etheric body (being tuned), 3) the soul’s delight in life (the joy of the musician) and 4) the birthright of all humans to participate in the spiritual act of creation of their life (the composer). For this reason, all protocol recommendations from Dr. Weeks are designed to correct imbalances in: 1) your biochemistry (physical body), 2) your vitality (energetic, vibrational, etheric body or “chi”), 3) your emotional being (the soul) and 4) your self-esteem (your spirit). Dr. Weeks believes that all four of these “bodies” interweave and affect each other constantly. That said, he also believes that the predominant process is a trickle-down effect meaning that your spirit (thoughts, values and attitudes) affects your soul (feeling, attachments, urges) which in turn affects your vitality (sleep processes, growth and regeneration forces, stamina) which finally affects your physical body (substance and biochemical matter). Therefore, at the Weeks Clinic, we pay particular attention to the spirit since we consider that to be the best target for correcting illnesses or states of “dis-sease”. Therefore, you will note that each health challenge which we compose for you as described in your Corrective Protocol handout has four categories of intervention in order to strive for balance and integration of your four “bodies”. Those interventions include dietary changes, nutritional supplements and medicines for the physical body, energetic or vibrational homeopathic remedies for the etheric or energy body, exercises to develop will forces and the ability to visualize for soul strengthening and meditative or mastery of thought behavior for the spirit. Furthermore, Dr. Weeks does not see health as a goal sufficient unto itself, but rather as a means toward an end. He hopes you will wonder about what changes you will make in your life once you are healthier.
Dr. Rudolf Steiner, father of Anthroposophy taught that we learn in two manners – we learn through thinking about our experiences (e.g. “that burns, I won’t touch that again”) and, on a deeper level, that which we can’t learn through thinking, we learn through suffering. This is the path of compassion or heart-warmed thinking. In this second realm of learning, illness often serves as our best teacher. In that sense, we are well advised to seek the gift within the pain in order to harvest the fruits of out illnesses (see Dr. L.F.C. Mees’ book “Blessed By Illness”). Steiner, who also created the Waldorf School system (“Education towards Freedom”), would also agree that the goal of the doctor is to help people grow towards freedom. Why is that? Perhaps we might all agree that the most important goal of human beings is to love one another. Love, we all know, cannot be coerced or forced in any manner. Therefore, if love is to exist, it must be given freely. Dr. Weeks has witnessed many incidences of illness teaching people to love – be it the cancer patient who acknowledged that only when he faced death did he finally learn to express his love for his children, or the woman who only was able to lovingly forgive whole-heartedly when she faced her health challenges. It is so common as to be cliche – illness often brings out the best in us. So, to the degree that illnesses help us focus on our imbalances or self-destructive patterns and offers to make better lovers of us all, the doctor is well-advised to not miss the opportunity to use the illness to enhance the entire well-being of the patient on the four levels discussed above.
Although he is licensed as an M.D. to prescribe all life-saving medicines, Dr. Weeks does this in the context of Corrective Medicine and Psychiatry whereby attention is paid from the start to correcting imbalances. Once the causative factors (toxicities or deficiencies of naturally occurring biochemical substances or life style habits) are identified and addressed, then typically the synthetic drugs which had been essential for minimizing symptoms or maintaining life become somewhat redundant. Consider this example: if you tell the average doctor that you feel a pain in your buttocks every time you sit in your chair, he or she will immediately start considering which type of pain medication is appropriate. In contrast, a Corrective Health doctor will check to see if there is a tack in your chair! Why take addictive pain meds when by correcting the problem (removing the tack), you can be medication-free? Or imagine driving to work and having car problems such that you drift to stop at the side of the road. Well, you might have AAA membership which includes towing services so you could call and ask to be towed to your appointment. And once that appointment was over, you could negotiate and hire the tow truck driver to tow you to your next appointment and if you were really stupid or excessively rich, you could even hire the tow truck to tow you home that night and then, the following day you could pay to have him tow you to all you appointments. What happens if this behavior continues? Well, you would get to your appointments – no argument there – but your rear tires would wear out, you would forget how to drive and ultimately, you would spend millions being towed needlessly since when your car originally failed, a simple check of 1) gas, 2) oil, 3) spark plugs, 4) radiator water, etc. would have allowed you to identify and correct the problem and made the hassle and expense of hiring a tow truck “redundant”. In that sense, since it is impossible to have a deficiency of a synthetic substance (that about that assertion!!!), why rely upon ingesting something which is not actually necessary in the long run if instead, you can correct the natural imbalance?
A relationship with Dr. Weeks involves not only a commitment to offering his best medical advice and care, but equally his effort to teach patients about health care principles and disease prevention. In this way, patients become empowered with regards to their health. The word “doctor” is derived from the Latin word “ducere” which means “to lead” or “to teach”. Dr. Weeks considers teaching principles of health to be a fundamental aspect of health care.
Description of Treatment Options
- CORRECTIVE MEDICINE AND PSYCHIATRY: Corrective medicine and psychiatry involves the collaborative experience of listening with, educating and advising patients about how to correct imbalances in their four realms of life: their physical bodies, their vitality, their emotional life and their spiritual path. This encompasses education and counseling concerning the lifestyle “NET” (Nutrition, Exercise and Thought – see this illustrated as the Weeks Health Pyramid with Lifestyle as the foundation, Supplements as the next step, Medications only when supplements are inadequate and, of course, when required, Hospitalization or Surgeries when medications don’t suffice.)
- NUTRITIONAL BIOCHEMISTRY: This is the process of identifying deficiencies or excesses (toxic) in the body’s own biochemical workings and then either supplementing what you are low in or, on the other hand, detoxifying what have too much of. Enzymes, amino acids, minerals, essential fatty acids (oils) and vitamins so overlooked by conventional medicine are essential to health. (Even their name: “essential nutrients” cries out for attention!) If you buy a new sports car, you will spend $50,000 of which half might be the engine cost and half the chassis and marketing expense. But if you forget to buy a simple quart of oil ($1.89) the engine will seize up and be irreparably destroyed within 10 miles… never to run again! Don’t forget to “change your oil” and supplement or detoxify as necessary for optimal health.
- ORTHOMOLECULAR MEDICINE: A big word meaning “same molecule”. The point is to identify which molecules (enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, hormones) you are short on (deficiency syndromes) or long on (toxic syndromes). We then simply re-balance you by using supplements to make up for deficiencies and/or detoxification techniques to get rid of excesses. However, the key point is to accomplish this using natural molecules which occur in your body (i.e. ortho-molecular) not foreign, unnatural molecules (allopathic) which are designed and patented not for health and bio-compatibility but for profit. (Remember, you can’t patent a naturally occurring substance but you can alter it “significantly” and then patent it. These alterations are often toxic).
- ANTHROPOSOPHICAL MEDICINE: This is a fertile, world-wide system of healing derived from the research of Dr. Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925) involving mineral, plant and animal substances prepared in a manner that, by featuring the forces inherent in these substances, offers potent, non-toxic remedies. These remedies are offered in the context of mind/body health work and a spiritual perspective which strives to see health challenges as important lessons.
- APITHERAPY: Dr. Weeks is a world-renown expert and pioneer on the subject of medicinal uses of the honeybee products and lectures around the world on this topic. The therapeutic qualities of bee venom, bee pollen, raw honey, propolis and royal jelly are increasingly featured in the media and have a long and impressive folk-medicine tradition supported by a well-documented scientific foundation.
- CORRECTIVE CANCER CARE (CCC) WITH INSULIN POTENTIATION THERAPY (IPT): This is an integrated approach which includes the brilliant biochemical technique IPT which has been continuously used in North America since the 1930s which involves enhanced “killing effects” from anti-biotics, anti-parasite drugs and chemotherapy resulting in targeted benefits with less “side-effects”. It can be very useful in the treatment of all cancers as well as many infectious diseases (viral, bacterial, parasites, spirochetes, retroviral). Being experimental (despite being used since the 1930”²s!) it is only offered as non-standard care to patients who have considered and freely refused standard options like conventional chemotherapy, radiation or surgery. Trained by Dr. Steven Ayre with Dr. Donato Perez-Garcia in 2002, Dr. Weeks is the only certified instructor in IPT in Washington State.
- CORRECTIVE PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES: Many people labor under the stigma of a psychiatric diagnosis which is undeserved and misapplied. In the cases of “psychiatric illnesses” ADD, psychosis, schizophrenia, manic depression, addictions (including illicit drugs, alcohol and nicotine) Frequently, physical causes are overlooked because careful biochemical detective work was not performed. Dr. Weeks is specially trained in identifying those people who are inadequately diagnosed with a mental illness and helps them to re-attain normal function. For this reason, even if you come for psycho-therapy or counseling, Dr. Weeks offers a physical examination and nutritional work-up to rule out an organic or physical cause. Better to fix that biochemical dis-ease than to spend years “on the couch” having not addressed this aspect of your health. For those folks who struggle with psychiatric illnesses, Dr. Weeks uses his training as a psychiatrist to monitor their need for anti-psychotic, anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medications. At the same time, however, he offers corrective protocols which frequently lessen the need (dose and/or frequency) for debilitating psychiatric medications.
- CORRECTIVE ADDICTION MEDICINE: By replenishing nutritional deficiencies using non-allergenic diet plans and by stabilizing otherwise debilitating blood sugar fluctuation via teaching about low glycemic index foods, we help decrease the biochemical urgency of addictions. Another cornerstone of corrective addiction medicine is rehydration whereby addictive substances clear the body gradually rather than abruptly. This too helps extinguish addictive cravings. Finally we use a variety of corrective agents such as Suboxone (for opiates), Baclofen (for alcohol), high dose oral vitamin C (for heroin) GABA (for benzodiazepine drugs) and electronic cigarettes (for nicotine).
- CORRECTIVE FAT-LOSS PROTOCOLS: Most obese patients are overfed and undernourished. They are hungry because they are starving. Many difficulties occur when people fail to digest and absorb foods. Factors to assess and correct include: dysbiosis, food allergies, Candida Albicans over-growth, hypochlorhydria and sleep disorders (you heard me: yes, it is true! – we lose weight in our sleep and failure to sleep well increases night time cortisol (which is a stress hormone and a storage hormone) which makes us fat).
- CORRECTIVE HORMONAL THERAPY: As we humans age, we all produce and secrete less hormones and begin what I term “regression to the mean”. Men lose male hormones and women lose female hormones. In fact, an overweight 60 year old man typically has higher estrogen levels than his 60 year old wife! Aging men lose muscle tone and develop “man-boobs” while aging women get more hair on their chinny chin chins and lose their “juice”. Regression to the mean! Corrective Hormonal Care includes Real Hormonal Therapy (RHT) which utilizes “hormone healthy”diet plans, blood sugar stabilization, stress reduction and laboratory testing before replacement at safe levels of natural, bio-identical hormones such as melatonin – natural estrogens – progesterone – testosterone – DHEA – pregnenolone – vitamin D3.
Credentials, Associations and Professional Interests
- Dartmouth College, BS Political Philosophy 1975-1979
- University of Vermont College of Medicine 1984-1989
- Internship: Internal Medicine | Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center 1989-1990
- Residency: Psychiatry | Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center 1990-1993
- Diplomate, ACAM – Chelation Therapy 1993
- Diplomate, IPT – Chicago 2002, Mexico 2003
- Clinical Instructor, IPT 2009
- Member, American Association of Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS)
- Member, Psycho-Neuro-Immunology Research Society (PNIRS)
- Member, American Society of Preventive Oncology, (ASPO)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology, (ASCO)
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, Best Answer for Cancer Foundation
- Fellow, American College of Advancement of Medicine (ACAM)
- Board Member, Instructor, Japanese College of Intravenous Therapy
- Board Member, International Schizophrenia Foundation (ISF)
- Member, International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine (ISOM)
- Fellow, Orthomolecular Health Medicine Society (OHMS)
- Member, American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
- Member, Autism Research Institute (ARI)
- Member, American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA)
- Fellow, Charter Member, Physician Association of Anthroposophical Medicine (PAAM)
- Founder and Past President, American Apitherapy Society (AAS) 1985
- Private Practice Consulting: Corrective Medicine and Psychiatry | 1993 – present
- Consultant: Corrective Health and Performance Enhancement for Executive Management Teams- numerous multi-national corporations;
- Founder and President: The Corrective Health Institute www.correctivehealth.org
Selected Lecture Activities:
- The Symptom is a Healing Gesture – Follow the Messenger to the Cause NHIMA, Reno NV Oct 2017
- The Symptom is a Healing Gesture – How to not kill the Messenger and how to feel Blessed by Illness The Truth about Cancer Ultimate Live Symposium Orlando FL October 2017
- Onco-Immunology 45th Cancer Control Society Los Angeles CA Sept 2016
- Strike the Root and Eat the Seed – the Revolution in Cancer Care The Truth about Cancer Ultimate Live Symposium Dallas TX October 2016
- Why We Die The 6th Stromboli Conference of Aging and Cancer Fano, Italy October 2016
- The Anti-Cancer benefits of Coffee 44th Cancer Control Society Los Angeles CA Sept 2016
- Immune and Genetic Enhancement with Crushed Whole Seeds delivered to professional audiences in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan – April 2016
- Potentize your Nutrition: Eat the Crushed, Whole Seed to Nourish and Cleanse your Cells Reno, NV Oct. 2015
- The Revitalizing & Regenerative Power of Crushed Whole Seed Nutrition Cancer Control Society, Los Angels CA Sept .2015
- The Power of Partnerships Washington DC Rain Int’l Convention July 2015
- Inflammation and Cancer Cancer Control Society Los Angels CA Aug. 2014
- Enhancing Compliance in Apitherapy 25th Annual Conference American Apitherapy Society Chicago July 2014
- Inflammation Wielding the Double Edged Sword in your Apitherapy Practice 25th Annual Conference American Apitherapy Society Chicago July 2014
- The History of the American Apitherapy Society 25th Annual Conference American Apitherapy Society Chicago July 2014
- Under the Radar Targeting and Controlling the Cancer STEM Cell
- 2014 International Organization of Integrative Cancer Physicians (IOICP) Reno NV April 2014
- The Roll of Inflammation in Chronic Diseases and the Remedy of Seed Nutrition European Lecture Tour (Kiev, Bucharest, Budapest, Novi Sad, Zagreb Vienna Dunaszerdahely, Prague, Berlin, Paris) Nov. 2013
- Cancer as a Psychiatric Problem Nutritional methods to correct the
Psycho-Neuro-Immunological Imbalances European Laboratory of Nutrients (ELN) Bunnik, The Netherlands Sept 7th 2012
- Corrective Cancer Care and Cancer STEM Cell Therapy Cancer Control Society Los Angels CA Sept .2012
- The Cancer War is Over, Time to Heal the Cancer Process, not Fight the Tumor International Organization of Integrative Cancer Physicians (IOICP) Dallas TX April 2012
- The Cordelia Effect – Correcting the Confused Cancer Stem Cell – Cancer as “cellular ADHD” NHIMA, Reno Nevada Oct 2011
- Advances in Apitherapy Keynote address 2011 AAS International Conference New Orleans LA
- Taming the Stem Cells – The New Focus of Cancer Therapy The Japanese College of IV Therapy, Osaka, Japan September, 2011
- Oncological Emergencies The Japanese College of IV Therapy, Osaka, Japan September, 2011
- Corrective Cancer Care – The Next Evolution of Cancer Treatment The Japanese College of IV Therapy, Osaka, Japan September, 2011
- Anti-Inflammation and Anti-Oxidant Strategies for Preventing and Treating Radiation Exposure in the Wake of Fukishima The Japanese College of IV Therapy, Osaka, Japan September, 2011
- Taming the Stem Cells -the New Focus of Cancer Therapy Elka Best IPT Conference Ft. Lauderdale FL May 2011
- Corrective Cancer Care and Cancer Stem Cell Therapy Elka Best IPT Conference Ft. Lauderdale, 2011
- IPT, VIT C and QOL 2nd Annual 2010 Riordan IVC and Cancer Symposium Wichita KS, 2010
- The Role of Proteolytic Enzymes in the Treatment of (people with) Cancer Elka Best IPT Conference Ft. Lauderdale FL, 2010
- The Legacy of Abram Hoffer Annual Congress of the Orthomolecular Health Medicine Society, 2010
- Topical and Systemic Treatments of (people with) Skin Cancer Elka Best IPT Conference Chicago IL, 2009
- A Perspective on Minerals & Metals in Human Health Annual Congress of the Orthomolecular Health Medicine Society, 2009
- IV Protocols within the Context of Corrective Medicine and Psychiatry The Japanese College of IV Therapy Tokyo Japan, 2008
- Corrective IV Protocols for (people with) Infectious Diseases Hepatitis C Multiple Sclerosis & Cancer IBID Tokyo Japan, 2008
- Corrective IV Protocols for (people suffering with ) Psychotic & Mood Disorders: Depression, Anxiety, Mania & Schizophrenia IBID Tokyo Japan, 2008
- The Amazing Power of Probiotics IBID Tokyo Japan, 2008
- Insulin Potentiation Therapy for the Treatment of Cancer Part 1: The History and Rationale IBID Tokyo Japan, 2008
- Insulin Potentiation Therapy for the Treatment of Cancer Part 2: Case Studies and Practical Considerations IBID Tokyo Japan, 2008
- Tortured Confessions: Pre-psychotic Intoxication Syndrome (PpIS) and The Validation of The Adrenochrome Hypothesis addressing the 2008 Nutritional Medicine Today Conference, International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine (ISOM)
- The Science Behind Apitherapy keynote address 2008 AAS International Conference Seattle WA and the 2010 AAS International Conference in NYC
- Intravenous Treatments for Psychiatric Illnesses addressing the 2003 Nutritional Medicine Today Conference, International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine (ISOM)
- The Failure to Care – Problems with Specialization in Medicine addressing the 2001 Nutritional Medicine Today Conference, International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine (ISOM)
- The Biochemistry of Psychosis – Adrenochome and Phospholipase A2 addressing the 1999 Nutritional Medicine Today Conference, (ISOM)
- The Treatment of Human Suffering addressing the 1998 Nutritional Medicine Today Conference, (ISOM)
- Corrective Medicine and Psychiatry addressing physicians in Perth, Western Australia 1998
- The Scientific Rationale of Apitherapy – lectures for domestic and international physicians – USA, Canada, Europe, Israel, China, Korea1993-2000
- The Scientific Rationale of Apitherapy – Grand Rounds U. Miami 1992
- The Principles of Corrective Medicine and Psychiatry lectures for domestic and international physicians USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, Israel 1996-present
- Orthomolecular Physician of the Year, 2003
- Smith-Klein Beecham Young Investigator Award and Grant, 1985
- Burns, Regenerative Medicine and Therapy Rong Xiang Xu Karger Pub 2004
- Vitamin A and Beta Carotene Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine Vol 18 No 3&4 2003
- “The Therapeutic Aspect of Sacred Music” 1987 in Music Physician for Times to Come (chapter) edited Campbell
- About the Tomatis Method (chapter) 1989 edited Gilmore
- Bee Well – Editor Journal of the American Apitherapy Society 1984-91
- Contributing Health Editor The Island Independent 1992-1998
- Washington State Note: Dr. Weeks’ license was suspended in 2013 but after seven years of legal battles, Dr. Weeks prevailed in court and the judge found that the WA state medical board was found to have acted “arbitrarily and capriciously” by their de facto revocation and he ordered that Dr. Weeks’ license be “reinstated immediately” in 2020. Thousands of patients and their families celebrated this victory. More information about this travesty of justice is available upon request.