Greetings to the Friends of the Weeks Clinic
As you know, I am committed to learning about new and helpful health related issues and then passing reliable and important information on to you.
The most significant factor that impacts your health, which I have recently learned about, is electrical pollution or electric smog. Every wonder about how safe your cell phone is? Ever feel a bit anxious when your young child borrows it and makes a long call? How about microwaves and other radiofrequencies in your home? Remember when you mother told you not to sit too close to the TV? What was her data which merited her concern? Well, today we can measure such things and accordingly, as regards electrical pollution, these are my recommendations on how to reduce your exposure. Please consider these recommendations and then spread the word.
Electrical Toxins at Home and at Work
1) Dimmer Switches: get rid of all the dimmer switches in houses and work places because they chop up the sinusoidal waveform and create high frequencies that get on every wire in the building.
2) Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: get rid of all compact fluorescent bulbs (easier said than done given the mercury issues) because they put between 50 and 100 kilo Hertz back on the line. These frequencies are in the range that are the most biologically active when it comes to human health. In addition to the dangerous frequencies they put back on the buildings wires, they also radiate the same frequencies out from the bulb, into the environment.
3) Portable Phones, (DEC phones in particular): get rid of DEC phones (which transmit all the time) because you are exposing yourself, family, and friends to constant and dangerous levels of radio frequency energy.
5) Cell Phones: keep cell phones turned off except when you periodically turn them on to check messages: then only call back the “emergency” callers since you get most radiation to your brain when you are speaking into the phone and it is transmitting. Call back the others from a land line later. Beware of devices purporting to screen out or protect you from cell phone radiation. Unless the alleged benefit is measurable, they could be ineffective and thereby worse for you, since they create a false sense of security and would be using the phone more.
6) Microwave oven: Typically, these microwave ovens do leak, despite what the manufacturer claims, and therefore, they do expose owners to microwave radiation which is known to be a carcinogen. If you don’t believe that your microwave oven leaks, put your cell phone inside a microwave oven that is turned off, close the door and then dial your cell phone. If it rings, well what does that tell you about how energy moves in and out of a closed microwave oven?
a) Graham-Stetzer (GS) Meter: Microsurge meters were specifically designed as a companion to the STETZERiZER filters. The meters measure the level of harmful electromagnetic “energy” present, and their primary use is to guide effective filter installation. Microsurge meters are low cost, robust, and easy to use by non-technical people. The meters were designed to measure harmonics and other high frequency “energy” present, which are the frequencies most detrimental to human health. The meters effectively ignore the effects of 60 Hz power and other lower, less harmful frequencies. Specifically, the meter measures the average magnitude of the changing voltage as a function of time (dV/dt), which naturally emphasizes transients and other high frequency phenomena that change rapidly with time. The measurements of dV/dt read by the meter are defined as G-S (Graham-Stetzer) units (since no standard term is available). The G-S units are a measure of “harmful energy” which is a function of frequency, or more generally, rate of change of voltage or dV/dt.
b) Trifield meter: Limitations of Trifield meters (magnetism, electricity and radio frequencies). This is not a linear meter meaning it doesn’t measure proportionately. It is not a flat frequency response device so, for magnetic fields at 60 ktz it works but if there is “noise” above 60htz , the Trifield meter it over states the effect and gives a higher than accurate reading. Also the Trifield meter doesn’t measure electric fields well (in that it is not grounded so hard to get precise measurements) and it doesn’t measure pulsed digital signals radio waves well. There are other meters for those measurements.
c) RF Meter – Radio Frequency Detectors measuring high frequency electromagnetic field EMF in the range of 27 MHz to 6 GHz . These are used to detect cell phone emission and cell phone tower activity, cellular, Wi-Fi, microwave, Bluetooth, GSM, radar (even from planes miles away…. are you living in a flight path?) DECT portable phones, UMTS, WLAN and all other wireless communication devices. These RF meters will analyze both analogue and pulsed digital signals. When I first used one of these meters, we measured my cell phone from across the room and it went off the scale. Needless to say, I don’t have my cell phone on like I did before and when I speak on it; I use the speaker phone function. It no longer nestles up against my brain.
d) AM Transistor Radio – for $12 you can by one and turn it on to a blank station. If you hear bad interference (static), then you, my friend, are in an unhealthy location. Keep moving!
www.weeksmd.com – for articles and other reference material;
www.safalab.com – for the survival decisions – the best in health care products;
www.electricalpollution.com – from a lady intoxicated by electrical pollution who uses Graham Stetzer filters to clear her home;
www.stetzerelectric.com – for info about Stetzer meters and filters;
www.safelivingtechnologies.ca – for great info about these topics and for products to consider;
www.gigahertz-solutions.de – best German site for products.