Dr. Weeks’ Comment: Ken is articulate in his article below. Note that the actual “science” supporting the assertion that vaccine benefit exceeds vaccine safety DOES NOT EXIST. Most childhood vaccines are tested for 3-5 DAYS (yes – days!) and not tested against placebo.
“Failing” New York Times “Fails Again” on Vaccines
Normally I don’t interrupt the enemy when they’re in the midst of destroying themselves…
Opinion by Kent Heckenlively JD
However, the recent article in The New York Times entitled “How to Inoculate Against Anti-Vaxxers…”
…published on January 19, 2019 by no less that The Editorial Board of the old, feeble, and demented gray lady was just too much to pass up.
They just had to comment on the World Health Organization (WHO)’s recent ranking of “vaccine hesitancy” as one of the top 10 health threats for the world in 2019.
Got that? The parents of vaccine-injured children, exhausted and tired by their disabled children, take time out of their over-stressed lives to mount a campaign to save other children, only to get attacked for being a threat to the public.
I think one of the reasons I get so much satisfaction out of writing books about this issue is I know that when the truth is revealed there will be only a few sources to which people can turn to know what really happened.
My book, INOCULATED: How Science Lost its Soul in Autism will be one of those few sources. (And after you read it, please include an Amazon review.)
The New York Times gives us far more credit than we deserve. Let’s tell the truth, there’s NO MONEY in it for those of us who are fighting against vaccines. Those who are fighting for vaccines, are fighting for a product with nearly $50 billion dollars in annual sales and NO LEGAL LIABILITY. Now, fifty billion dollars a year, that will buy a lot of troll farms in Russia with phony parents claiming they LOVE vaccines for their children!
Here’s a paragraph which made me howl with laughter because I only wish we had that much power.
“It’s no mystery how we got here. On the internet, anti-vaccine propaganda has outpaced pro-vaccine public health information. The anti-vaxxers, as they are colloquially known, have hundreds of websites promoting their message, a roster of tech- and media-savvy influencers and an aggressive political arm that includes at least a dozen political action committees. Defense against this onslaught has been meager. The C.D.C., the nation’s leading public health agency, has a website with accurate information, but no loud public voice. The United States Surgeon General’s office has been mum. So has the White House – and not just under the current administration. That leaves just a handful of academics who get bombarded with vitriol, including outright threats, every time they try to counter pseudoscience with facts.”
According to the website Open Secrets, the pharmaceutical industry spent more than $216 million dollars lobbying Congress last year and has more than 1400 registered lobbyists against 535 elected officials in the House and Senate. That works out to close to three lobbyists for every single member of Congress. Can The New York Times honestly admit that we anti-vaxxers are massively outgunned? It’s amazing what we’ve been able to do with limited resources and the truth.
According to the website, Investopedia, the pharmaceutical industry has spent more than $3.9 billion dollars lobbying Congress over the past twenty years.
The next closest competitor, the insurance industry is far behind with $2.7 billion dollars. The oil and gas industry, back at #6, spent less than $2.1 billion dollars over that same time period.
The pharmaceutical industry is terrified of what President Trump has said in the past about vaccines and autism. When will that first Presidential tweet about vaccines and autism come out?
President Trump, isn’t it clear by now that both you and the anti-vaxx community have been targeted by the pharmaceutical deep state? They have thrown the first punch. It is now time for you to counter-punch.
PLEASE PRESIDENT TRUMP, DENOUNCE THE EDITORIAL BOARD OFTHE NEW YORK TIMES FOR THIS COWARDLY ASSAULT ON THE PARENTS OF VACCINE-INJURED CHILDREN.
I’m a little offended that the “Failing New York Times”didn’t contact me for a comment considering I’m the“World’s #1 Anti-Vaxxer.”
Who else has been banned from an entire continent, like I was from Australia, for simply wanting to talk about vaccines? (Granted – Australia is the smallest continent, but still, who else has a record like me?)
You know, maybe the New York Times could fly me out to New Yorkso I could have a sit-down with their editorial board and we could better understand each other.
In a democratic country they really can’t start rounding people like me up and putting us in camps because it would raise too many questions. Still, they do the next best thing which is trying to publicly shun us and hope the brain-dead public goes along with it. The problem is, it’s a bad look for them. Here we are, saintly parents taking care of our disabled kids, and they say we’re evil super-villains.
But you know, I’m all about solutions.
If the failing New York Times had the guts to interview me and fairly present my side, here’s my five point plan as to what should be done:
(1) Overturn the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Actwhich gives complete legal immunity to the pharmaceutical companies and allow these companies to be sued in the way we allow for all other pharmaceutical products. If vaccines really are “as safe as sugar water” as their proponents claim, this should be an easy thing to do.
(2) Hold Congressional hearings on the Simpsonwood Conference of 2000, in which government and industry scientists met away from the Centers for Disease Control to develop a strategy to deal with the fact that their own studies were showing that the more vaccines children were given, the higher the rates of neurological disease.
(3) Perform a study on the neurological health of vaccinated and unvaccinated children.
(4) Hold Congressional hearings on the claims of Dr. William Thompson, a senior scientist at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) who has alleged that in the early 2000s, scientists at the CDC covered up evidence of increased rates of autism in children who received their measles-mumps-rubella shots on an accelerated schedule.
(5) Hold Congressional hearings on the claims of Dr. Andrew Zimmerman, the government’s own witness in the Autism Omnibus Hearings of the late 2000s, who claims he was prevented from testifying any further when he told government lawyers that he’d come to the opinion that vaccines were likely to be responsible for up to 30% of autism cases. (That’s a little like the government saying 70% of alien abductions are fake, but the other 30% are real.)
I never thought the failing New York Timeswould provide such a public service and raise the profile of people like me.
President Trump, the table has been set for you to start tweeting about these issues.
Well played, New York Times. Well-played.
Opinion by Kent Heckenlively JD